About D2D Auto Imports
Many of you will have come across Richard Dohnt as he has a 33 year extensive involvement in the motor trades industry. He just loves cars and loves the industry! Richard has an excellent understanding of many facets of the motor trades. He has managed a Dealership in Woolloongong, and opened his first yard in Woolloongong in 1978. He has owned (and sold) Dealerships in Noosaville and Currimundi, Sunshine Coast, Qld. All of the businesses have flourished under his expertise and experience.Import History
In 1995 Richard worked for a Brisbane Import Dealership. In 1998 supplied wholesale imports to Dealers throughout Australia until 2002 at which time the Government changed the rules and stopped the importation of 4×4 vehicles.
In 2003, Richard opened Rite Price Auto Imports at Bokarina on the Sunshine Coast specializing in imports. This business has since been sold to Gavin Overton who was managing the yard since its inception.
Richard resides on the Sunshine Coast and is operating as a vehicle wholesaler dealing ONLY with dealers.Why Imports?
Imports offer a very unique and exciting opportunity for dealers. Being a niche market product, the vehicles are sought after as they:
- Represent power, performance and prestige
- Are Value for Money
- Are Reliable
- Have low kms
- Look great
- Good profit
As a dedicated wholesale Import Dealer, we are offering a limited number of select Motor Dealers the opportunity to increase their sales and profits, as we buy and comply our vehicles. We will have 45 to 50 vehicles available from our Sunshine Coast workshop and warehouse.What’s in it for me?
A Dealership stands to gain many benefits by dealing with d2d Auto Imports, namely:
- We only purchase high graded vehicles
- Low vehicle kilometres
- Minimal warranty claims
- Price, our buying power combined with an in-house compliance centre, provides vehicles ready to be dispatched. The cost differential compared to buying direct from Japan is minimal as it would normally take between 8 to 10 weeks before the vehicle is on the lot. Buying from D2D saves your cash flow and your stress levels.
- Profit potential – better margins than local cars
- Value for money, a customer can purchase a second hand luxury vehicle (a new price of $80,000 plus) with low kms for great value of around $20-$25,000.
- Increase of appeal and interest in yard increasing customer traffic flow
- Wide customer appeal, every age loves them.
- Compliance is managed and controlled from the same establishment (due to our affiliation with RJD Holdings Pty Ltd)
- Depreciation factor is minimal compared to local cars which depreciate rapidly once new models are released.
We can recommend contacts for both finance and insurance to further assist in the sale of the vehicles.What vehicles can I purchase?
D2D Auto Imports specialise in:
- Delica Spacegear
- Skyline R32/33/34/35
- Atlas Trucks
- Hi-Ace - 2 & 4WD, 7 & 8 Seater People Movers
- Hi-Ace Campervans
New Models are being added to our Schedule as we receive Government Approvals.